FC Dallas vs. Sporting Kansas City | MLS Match Preview
FC DALLAS vs. SPORTING KANSAS CITY
TOYOTA STADIUM, Frisco, Texas
APRIL 17, 2016 (WEEK 7, MLS GAME #65)
7:00 pm ET (FS1 in the US, TSN in Canada)
It's a meeting of the top two clubs in the Western Conference on MLS Soccer Sunday, when FC Dallas play host to Sporting Kansas City at Toyota Stadium before an FS1 audience. FC Dallas sit atop the West, now having gone five consecutive games without defeat, following their 3-1 win at the Portland Timbers at midweek. Sporting are two points further back in the table, hitting the road after ending a long home stretch with a 2-1 midweek loss to the Colorado Rapids at Children's Mercy Park.
- Dom Dwyer collected his third goal of the season as well as his second assist in Sporting’s 2-0 win against the New York Red Bulls over the weekend. Dwyer has been involved in five of SKC’s seven goals this season.
- FC Dallas extended their home undefeated streak in league play to nine matches in their 2-2 draw with the San Jose Earthquakes over the weekend. It’s the fifth-longest home undefeated run in club history, the longest since the club-record 14-game streak in 2012-13.
- Sporting KC won the final two meetings between the teams last season, both at Sporting Park, a 4-0 win on May 29 and a 3-1 win Sept. 18. They were the first two victories for KC in the series since 2012, when Sporting won 2-1 in Kansas City.
- FC Dallas won 3-1 on March 14 of last year in the only encounter at Toyota Stadium, their first victory in the series since Aug. 27, 2011, a 3-2 triumph at Sporting Park.
REFEREE: Hilario Grajeda. AR1 (bench): Ian Anderson; AR2 (opposite): James Conlee; 4th: Mark Geiger
MLS Career: 123 games; FC/gm: 24.3; Y/gm: 3.5; R: 22; pens: 21
SUSPENDED: DAL: Carlos Gruezo (caution accumulation; through April 17)
SUSPENDED NEXT YELLOW CARD: none
SUSPENDED AFTER TWO YELLOW CARDS: DAL: Maynor Figueroa
DISABLED LIST: none
INTERNATIONAL ABSENCES: none
ALL-TIME (56 meetings): FC Dallas 19 wins (3 shootout), 67 goals -- Earthquakes 25 wins (4 shootout), 87 goals -- Ties 12
AT DALLAS (28 meetings): FC Dallas 12 wins (1 shootout), 36 goals -- Earthquakes 10 wins (0 shootout), 38 goals -- Ties 6
RETURN MATCHES: 6/19: Sporting Kansas City vs. FC Dallas, 4 p.m. CT (ESPN1); 8/13: FC Dallas vs. Sporting Kansas City, 8 p.m. CT
LAST YEAR (MLS):
3/14: DAL 3, KC 1 (Blas Perez 17, 52; Castillo 73 - Espinoza 44)
5/29: KC 4, DAL 0 (Nemeth 19; Feilhaber 51; Ellis 57; Zusi 64)
9/18: KC 3, DAL 1 (Feilhaber 65, 76; Dwyer 83 - Ulloa 80)
- Coaches record: Peter Vermes vs. DAL: P11 W5 L4 D2 -- Oscar Pareja vs. KC: P6 W1 L3 D2